A woman identified as a Burmese national was rescued on Thursday from a fire on a property in Kuantan, capital of the Malaysian state of Pahang, reports The Star, a Malaysian daily. The woman, in her 30s, was sound asleep when passersby noticed the fire and tried to wake her up. When she failed to respond to their calls, they broke open the door to the shoplot—a combined residential and commercial property—and pulled her to safety. It is believed that the woman had forgotten to turn off a stove before falling asleep. Two fire engines were dispatched to put out the fire. There were no other occupants in the building, and the woman escaped unhurt.