Jobs At The Irrawaddy
Position Title : : Senior Webmaster – The Irrawaddy
Duty Location: : Chiang Mai (Thailand)
- Coordinate and consult with the Editorial Team in taking a leading role to establish priorities for web-site development, and to plan, review, and evaluate the websites.
- Develop web page infrastructure, utilize applications to ensure effective and efficient technical performance, and assess applicability of new technologies for organizational needs.
- Design and upload daily news, articles, and commentaries in appropriate formats for the English on-line version.
- Maintain and monitor the websites systematically and appropriately (e.g., hosting, minoring, archiving and updating, etc.).
- Identify and promote the websites to others on the Web (search engine optimization strategies).
- Design, install, upgrade, configure, and repair computers.
- Design and configure LAN, WAN, and VPN systems if required.
- Set-up and configure all computer systems required internally for the organization’s activities.
- Perform any other duties relevant to the role and responsibilities of the position.
- Responsible for firewall administration and overall organizational IT security.
- Forecast any necessary improvement of the organization’s information technology, budget and implement changes as required.
- Develop and implement procedures in maintaining the website to be in line with legal requirements, internet usage, and security issues.
- Provide desktop support to staff members for software/hardware problems solving.
- Participate in IT Supporting Team meetings.
Applicants should send a CV (maximum three pages) with a brief cover letter, email and phone number to The Irrawaddy Application ([email protected]). Cover letters and CVs should be prepared in English.
This application will remain open until the right candidates are found.