Latest News

‘New Light’ to be Run as Joint Venture

21 March 2014

The New Light of Myanmar reported on Friday that it will relocate its base of operations from Naypyidaw to Rangoon in preparation for its relaunch as a joint venture between the Ministry of Information (MOI) and a private investor. The new enterprise, “slated to begin operations in the next months,” will aim to act “as the window to Myanmar,” the state-run daily said. The report also noted that “the majority of staff have announced that they will leave the paper before the start of the joint venture.” The MOI will own 51 percent of the venture, while the unnamed investor will own the remaining 49 percent.

Loading