Asia

China Announces 2nd Death From New Coronavirus

By Kyodo News 17 January 2020

BEIJING—Local authorities in Wuhan, central China said on Thursday that a 69-year-old man died the previous day of pneumonia caused by a new coronavirus, bringing the total number of deaths linked to the virus to two.

The man had been hospitalized in the city since he developed symptoms of pneumonia on Dec. 31. He died early on Wednesday, the authorities said.

Read more.

You may also like these stories:

Deadly E-Scooter Crash Sparks Urban Mobility Debate in Singapore

Striking Workers Say Chinese Businessman Attacked Them With His Car

Loading